Thursday, September 9, 2010

So it begins

Hi, I'm Paige. I'm 29 years old, live in Houston, Texas and have a weight problem. Like many others, I've dealt with it all my life, though I don't think it really ever became an issue for me until after I finished college (in 2002).

In 2004, I had a lightbulb moment when I stepped on a scale and weighed 192 lbs (I'm only 5 ft tall). I jumped on the South Beach Diet bandwagon, got a personal trainer and whittled myself down to 148 lbs. So what happened? Apparently, if you lose weight quickly, it can throw your body into a tailspin and ta-dah!!! Gallstones. Had the surgery but it threw off my intense workout schedule and I never really could get back into the game of things.

So here we are, 2010, and I weigh 178 lbs. Whoa.

Why now? Well, here's my deep dark secret. I'm a groupie for a 1980's boy band...some may say THE definitive boy band, New Kids on the Block. (For the record, I give the definitive boy band status to New Edition...they did it right first, but I digress). Last Friday, I put my deposit down for the 2011 New Kids on the Block Cruise from Miami to the Bahamas departing May 12, 2011. My cabin mates are all awesome ladies I know from California...awesome and SKINNY ladies from California.

So about a month ago, I decided to start working on my health and fitness, deeming it "Operation: Cruise Control", am going to take it step by step with my first goal only being 5% of my weight. I've also joined a Zumba studio and am averaging 3 days a week...but would like to up that to 5 days.

Let's Get This!

No comments:

Post a Comment